PrescribeIT™ is the only national, not-for-profit e-prescribing service that enhances medication safety and protects patient privacy.
- Seamlessly integrates with existing electronic medical records and pharmacy management systems
- Integrates with jurisdictional assets such as drug information systems, drug formularies and registries
- Was developed with input from community prescribers, pharmacies, provincial and territorial governments and regulators
- Is committed to protecting an influence free dispensing and prescribing environment
- Safeguards prescription data from commercial use
- Was developed using non-repayable funding grants from Health Canada to offset the set up costs of theservice
Evolution of prescribing
e-Prescribing is the secure electronic creation and transmission of a prescription between an authorized prescriber and a patient's pharmacy of choice, using clinical Point of Service (POS) solution, in a manner which integrates clinical workflow and software.
e-Prescribing Enhnaced Capabilities
Best-in-class fully integrated e-prescribing service
PrescribeIT™ is working with Health Canada, the provinces and territories, as well as EMR and PMS organizations to enable all prescribers and retail pharmacies to participate in e-prescribing regardless of the technology they use. Our commitment to a transparent and cooperative development process ensures that all stakeholders will have meaningful input into the future of the service.
Enhanced medication safety and patient privacy
Some tools allow for prescriptions to be sent by autofaxing (e-faxing) or email. These tools send the prescription to the pharmacy as an image and can not ensure patient privacy. The prescription details are then interpreted by the pharmacist and transcribed into the pharmacy management system leaving open the possibility for transcription errors.
Electronic prescriptions through PrescribeIT™ are transmitted as data via an encrypted two-factor authentication process. Prescription details are auto-populated directly into the pharmacy software. As a result, prescription data is transferred securely while transcription errors at the pharmacy are reduced, leading to improved privacy, patient safety and decreased medication errors.
Free from commercial influence
PrescribeIT™, a not for profit organization with a self-sustaining funding model, is committed to providing a prescribing and dispensing environment that is free from commercial influence. Prescribing data is securely transmitted from a prescriber’s EMR directly to the pharmacy management system of the patient’s pharmacy of choice.
Prescribers, pharmacies and patients are assured that the prescription data remains private through all points of transmission and can not be diverted to private sector organizations for commercial use.